Friday, October 29, 2010

First Word: MIRROR

Whenever I think of a mirror I think of images, mirror image, myspace pictures, reflection, looking at myself, watching others look at themselves. Last night I was a t a bar and one wall was lined with mirrors. We found it hilarious to watch all the people glance at themselves as they walked by. This was especially funny because they were all dressed in Halloween costumes and probably couldn’t have looked more ridiculous but they still wanted to make sure they looked good while looking ridiculous. Also, considering the crowd that was at this bar, it was very fitting of their generally self-indulgent ways to fully enjoy and appreciate the mirrored walls. Dance comes to mind because I took lessons my whole life and dance lessons are always in front of a mirror so that you can see your moves and correct them if you need to. In fact, mirrors are mostly used to correct something about your appearance whether you want to adjust your hair, makeup, clothes moves, smile or anything else. Mirrors can also be used for decoration. I have a mirror on my dresser with a decorative frame to make it more like art than useful.

Second Word: TV

Television is my main source of entertainment in my home. I spend entirely too much time watching trashy television. When I think of TV I think of guilty pleasures because everyone has that show they absolutely love but are kind of ashamed to admit they watch to people. I also think of video games because most people have a game consul they use on their TV. I am a huge movie person and although a TV at home could never compare to the experience of going to the theatre I have lately been watching a ton of movies at home. TV allows me to veg out and be entertained while marveling at how other people live whether it is fiction or “reality” tv. I think of all my favorite shows and some really great memories I have with friends and family watching tv throughout my life.

Products:

1. Decorative mirror that turns into a tv so that it looks like a piece of art

2. Tv in your bathroom mirror

3. Handheld gadget that is a mirror and can double as a tv so you can look at yourself and watch tv

4. Mirror in the tv for video games that are interactive

5. A tv that when breaks you get 7 years of bad luck

6. Tv with a program that acts like a mirror so you can “try on” different outfits and hairstyles “an image projector”

7. Tv image recorder. For the youtube video connoisseurs who want to see what they look like in the videos they are recording

8. Sliding mirror doors that turn into a tv for large projection

9. Projector mirror—for the people who have large projector tvs in their house

10. Tv in car that turns into a rearview mirror

11. A mirror that is projected on a tv elsewhere to see what other people do when they are looking at themselves

Viable product

TVs are getting bigger and blacker. Although, they have mastered making them thinner so they don’t take up as much space. Mirrors are often a decorative piece in the living room because it makes the room look bigger and is similar to a piece of art. If someone could master turning a hanging mirror into a TV it would be a great decorative focal point for the room, which takes up no space and offers the family entertainment. The mirrored part would just transform into a tv screen when you turn it on.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    I was personally very interested in your "Tv in your bathroom mirror" idea so I searched it and found one (check this out: http://www.trendir.com/archives/001621.html).

    Also I liked your viable product idea since I can see TV is getting blacker and have no color on their frames. If TV added mirror function on their LCD or LED (perhaps with neon frames), it should be a great home decor product.

    Enjoyed your brainstorming. Good job!

    ReplyDelete